Creating Value in Commoditised Businesses
Workshop by Dr. Suresh Ramanathan
Professor of Marketing, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University
Understand Herding and Commoditisation
Price-adjusted Quality and Value-based Positioning
Avoiding the Commoditisation Trap
About the Program
In today’s VUCA world, business leaders have to be careful that their customers don’t start treating their high-value products or solutions as commodities (goods/services) that could be acquired elsewhere. Several industry pioneers which once offered high-value products aren’t clearly differentiated from their competitors, anymore.
How should corporate leaders then, prevent their offerings from becoming examples of commoditisation?
This workshop will provide you with the knowledge, case studies and tools to prevent or delay commoditisation, and more importantly, create value.
The program will cover:
- Benchmarking as a recipe for herding and potential commoditization
- Intense dynamics of price-adjusted quality and its implication for value-based positioning
- Tools to determine how customers define quality (with interactive exercises)
- Avoiding the Commoditization Trap in Mature Markets: sidestep/overcome low price competitors
The 1-day Workshop would be followed by 4 webinars with GlobalGyan experts to discuss additional cases, application examples and personalised feedback.
Dr. Suresh Ramanathan is the David R. Norcom’73 Professor of Marketing, Mays Business School, Texas A&M University, USA. Suresh studies the dynamics of affective and motivational processes in judgments and choice. His research focuses on the role of changing emotions and goals in different domains, such as social consumption of experiences, self-control and impulsive behavior, health-related marketing and sales promotion effectiveness.
Dr. Ramanathan received his Ph.D. in Marketing from the Stern School of Business at New York University in 2002. He holds a B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from IIT, Delhi and an MBA from IIM, Calcutta. Suresh has a wealth of both industry and academic experience. Suresh worked with Unilever in their tea and coffee business and then moved to the world of advertising, where he worked with JWT, Lintas, and McCann-Erickson. He also had a brief stint with MTV India where he was part of the core team responsible for launching the channel in India.
Who Should Attend
- Leaders of businesses that face threat from low priced competitors
- Product and Marketing managers of traditional / mature businesses
- Start-up leaders entering crowded / competitive markets
- Strategy, Product or Marketing managers from competitive B2B sectors
Rs 25,000 per participant
Plus taxes. Additional group discounts for 5+ registrations (get in touch with us).