Incumbents’ Guide to Disruption
Workshop by Dr. Ashok Korwar
What is Disruption, and what is not.
Emerging Technologies and their Impact.
Sustaining Competitive Advantage.
About the Program
With new technologies emerging every day, the challenge leaders face is to determine if the latest hyped disruption is a passing fad or truly a tectonic industry shift. Many organisations have died due to the sudden emergence of disruptive companies and technologies, initially ignored as niche players. At the same time, there are examples where undue credence was given to emerging business models and technologies which didn’t impact the Incumbents.
How should corporate Leaders evaluate the disruptive potential of Emerging Tech; when should they ‘wait and watch’ & when should they ‘jump’ in the wave or acquire, license or simply block them?
This workshop aims to provide business managers the tools to evaluate new technologies and their disruption potential, and will cover:
- What is Strategy, Competitive Advantage and Disruption with examples like Tesla.
- Case studies of Successful or Unsuccessful Analysis by an Incumbent.
- Intro to AI/ ML / Blockchains and their impact on various industries.
- Managing Disruptive Companies: Acquire, Partner, License or Block?
Dr. Ashok Korwar is a management consultant based in Pune. His passion is to help SMEs grow to the next level. His focus is in the IT and engineering industries. Dr. Korwar was strategic advisor to the Chairman of Polaris Software where he was actively engaged in strategic initiatives. He was also a Professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, where he has served as Chairman of the PGP, the MEP and the International Management Group.
Who Should Attend
- Leaders & Managers of businesses that face threat from emerging technologies
- Managers implementing change management initiatives in a VUCA world
- Start-up leaders to determine opportunities to partner with incumbents
- Managers intending to acquaint themselves with new technology led opportunities.
Rs 30,000 per participant
Early bird discount of 10% till 10th Nov 2018 & additional Group discounts for 5+ registrations (get in touch with us).
NOVEMBER 23, 2018
9.30AM – 6.30PM
Vega, The Learning Galaxy, 8th Floor
Urmi Estate, Iconic Wing A
Ganpatrao Kadam Marg
Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013
FOR MORE DETAILS